Saturday, December 8, 2007
Top Five Astro-Events for December 2007
1. The New Moon in Sagittarius takes place on December 9, and features the Jupiter-Pluto conjunction at the Midheaven over Washington D.C. and New York City. Look for the wealthiest plutocrats to be making news as they shape politics, business, and the publishing world with their considerable influence. Expect major mergers and acquisitions.
2. Jupiter and Pluto are conjunct on December 11 at 28 Sagittarius, but this combination is in effect all month. For many, Jupiter-Pluto brings an enhanced interest in the Big Picture and a feeling of faith, trust, and spiritual growth, while others go overboard with self-righteousness and smugness. Those with planets connected to this pairing may experience phenomenal personal growth.
3. Jupiter enters Capricorn on the 18th, marking the beginning of a new age of social conservatism centered on national and economic security. The 19th and 20th feature a Sun-Mercury-Pluto triple conjunction, inspiring power plays by authority figures as they overcome vulnerable opponents. Expect big moves, important transitions, and major geopolitical events, especially in business and politics.
4. The Full Moon (December 23) occurs as Mars opposes the Sun, Mercury and Jupiter from the 22nd through 26th. The strong Mars vibration over these five days can make some people edgy, moody, and hyper-defensive, while the more adventurous will enjoy plenty of playful competitiveness. Attack politics may make the holidays seem like a war zone.
5. Mars opposes Pluto on January 2, but this astro-event is so powerful that it will be in effect for the last ten days of December. Expect major transportation snarls, and for many, an internalized sense of rage. Sports events will likely be intensely competitive, and bring an unusual number of severe injuries. Violence in global hotspots is likely.